Epson is once again redefining large format commercial ink jet printing with the announcement of the SureColor P-Series line-up. Incorporating the latest imaging technologies, including Epson’s PrecisionCore TFP printhead, the new P-Series printers deliver extraordinary performance for the professional printing industry along with unparalleled color matching capabilities. Leveraging Epson’s UltraChrome HD eight-color ink set, the 24-inch SureColor P6000 and 44-inch SureColor P8000 are designed for graphic designers, commercial printers and photographers. Successors to the award-winning Epson Stylus Pro 900-Series, the 24-inch SureColor P7000 and 44-inch SureColor P9000 incorporate a reformulated Epson UltraChrome HDX 10-color ink set for both commercial and flexographic printers, as well as graphic designers, photographers, and fine art reproduction houses.
Poised to set new industry standards for commercial and flexographic proofing applications, the SC-P7000 and SC-P9000 are available in a Commercial Edition featuring an all-new Violet ink for expanded color gamut delivering output matching 99-percent of the PANTONE FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated. In addition, the printers are configurable with an optional Epson SpectroProofer UVS in-line spectrophotometer designed to provide automated color management and verification-related tasks for a range of proofing applications.
“Epson is committed to bringing the most advanced printing and proofing solutions to market for creative, graphic arts and printing professionals,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “The new SureColor P-Series family brings together the most sophisticated printing technologies available to deliver extraordinary results, whether for graphic design, contract proofing for commercial and flexographic printing, fine art, or photography.”
More about the SureColor P-Series
The complete SureColor P-Series printer family – the SC-P6000, SC-P7000, SC-P8000, and SC-P9000 – redefine wide-format, aqueous imaging applications with a vast array of workflow solutions and robust media handling. All models seamlessly integrate with industry leading workflow software solutions to meet the needs of the proofing and graphic arts community. Additional features include:
– Epson UltraChrome HD and HDX Ink: The SC-P6000/P8000 leverage the eight-color UltraChrome HD ink and the SC-P7000/P9000 use the 10-color UltraChrome HDX ink. Both professional ink sets deliver outstanding color with improved black density; new Black ink is 1.5 times denser than previous ink formulation, providing significant improvements to overall contract ratio and optical clarity, and improved Resin Encapsulation Technology delivers superior gloss uniformity. All SureColor P-Series printers are designed to work exclusively with Epson UltraChrome HD and HDX ink.
– Epson PrecisionCore TFP Printhead: The SureColor P-Series delivers consistent, high-performance with variable size ink droplet technology as small as 3.5 picoliters for remarkable print quality. New enhancements include a new wave form, improving dot placement and accuracy. User-scheduled cleaning cycles improve print head health.
– The Proofing Standard: Ideal for all commercial and flexographic proofing, the
SC-P7000/P9000 Commercial Edition printers include an all-new Violet ink for expanded color gamut targeting improved spot color matching accuracy.
– Robust Media Handling: Supports virtually any media type in roll or cut-sheet, from photographic paper to 1.5 mm thick fine art media and poster board. New roll media handling offers user-selectable 3 mm top and bottom margins and improved guide rollers for reduced media surface impressions. High-speed rotary cutter included.
– Optional Internal Print Server: Internal 320GB print server boosts workgroup productivity by quickly transferring print jobs to free-up workstations; adds print queue management and print job save and reprint functionality.
– Optional SpectroProofer UVS: Developed jointly with X-Rite, the in-line spectrophotometer provides automated color management and verification-related tasks for a range of proofing applications. It supports all current illumination standards for UV and UV-Cut measurement and is UV selectable between M0, M1 and M2.