Epson today announced new SureColor P-Series printers – the 24-inch SureColor P7570 and 44-inch SureColor P9570. Designed from the ground up to uniquely cater to the full spectrum of creative needs, the SureColor P7570 and P9570 deliver extraordinary performance leveraging all-new UltraChrome PRO12 pigment ink and PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead technology with dedicated nozzles for both Matte and Photo black ink to deliver exceptional image quality at speeds up to 2.4 times faster than the previous generation. The SureColor P7570 and P9570 will be shown at PRINT19, Oct. 3-5 in Chicago, Ill. in Epson’s booth, #1227.
“Almost 20 years ago Epson announced the Epson Stylus Pro 9000, our first 44-inch wide-format printer, and since then we’ve been working to perfect wide-format printing technology while simultaneously incorporating customer feedback to deliver the best equipment to our customers,” said Reed Hecht, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. “The SureColor P7570 and P9570 are Epson’s most advanced printers to date. In addition to incorporating customer feedback, Epson also integrated the latest printhead and ink technologies to deliver a printer that will far exceed expectations and could possibly create the highest quality digital inkjet prints to date.”
Touting a robust design and never before seen imaging technologies, the SureColor P7570 and P9570 leverage new Epson UltraChrome PRO12 twelve-color pigment ink to deliver an wide color gamut and capture every detail with amazing color brilliance and accuracy. When combined with the new 2.6-inch PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead, the SureColor P7570 and P9570 produce outstanding quality prints at speeds up to 2.4 times faster than their predecessors and promote a more productive workflow with dedicated channels for Matte and Photo Black ink (no ink switching necessary). A new print mode – Black Enhanced Overcoat – delivers improved DMAX for a wider contrast ratio, excellent black density, outstanding clarity, improved sharpness, and reduced gloss differential on glossy and metallic media.
According to Henry Wilhelm, director of research at Wilhelm Imaging Research, the world’s leading independent print permanence testing laboratory, Epson’s new printers and inks are currently undergoing comprehensive ten-factor testing with a range of papers and canvas, with both color prints and B&W prints made using Epson’s Advanced Black and White Mode. “Preliminary data for the Epson 12-color UltraChrome PRO12 pigment inks in the new SureColor P7570 and P9570 create stunning museum quality prints with WIR Display Permanence Ratings that will equal or exceed the ratings achieved by the current UltraChrome HDX inks of up to 200 years for color prints and up to 400 years for B&W. Prints framed with UV-absorbing acrylic – and those displayed under LED illumination – will achieve significantly higher ratings.”
Additional features include a sealed roll media door for dramatically improved dust control and an integrated LED light to view projects while printing. Versatile media handling supports both roll and cut sheet media and features a new top-loading cut-sheet feeder door and an internal rotary cutter for smoothly cutting most photographic and fine art roll-media types. Furthermore, a new customizable user interface featuring a 4.3-inch color touchscreen control panel and redesigned retractable catch basket will simplify printing and conform to users’ environments, reducing production errors.
More about the SureColor P-Series
The new SureColor P7570 and P9570 are the next-generation of wide-format printers for the photography, fine art, graphic design, and proofing markets with a range of features, including:
- Powered by PrecisionCore – New 2.6-inch PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead performs at speeds up to 2.4 times faster than previous generations1
- Extreme Color Gamut – All-new UltraChrome Pro12 Ink with Violet produces astounding color with up to 99 percent coverage of the PANTONE® FORMULA GUIDE solid-coated standard3
- Realtime Photo and Matte Black Ink Switching – Dedicated channels for both black ink types
- Industry-leading Print Permanence – Creates prints that last up to 200 years color and 400 years black-and-white2
- New Customizable Touchscreen – First-in-class to feature a customizable, 4.3-inch color touchscreen for easy navigation
- Reliable Printer Design – Redesigned industrial-level print engine for lasting durability and an interior LED light for convenient operation
- Black Density with Black Enhance Overcoat – Improved DMAX for a wider contrast ratio with enhanced clarity and increased sharpness on glossy papers
- Optional Epson SpectroProofer – Automates color calibration and proof verification tasks for proofing applications with optional third-party RIP and workflow software
- Easy Workflow Integration – Compatible with most third-party RIP workflow software
Support and Availability The Epson SureColor P7570 and P9570 Standard Editions will be available in December through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers for an estimated price of $4,695 MSRP and $6,595 MSRP, respectfully. The SureColor P7570 and P9570 offer a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure.