Gerber Technology, a worldwide leader in sign making and specialty graphics systems, is proud to introduce Gerber OMEGA 6.0: an upgrade which builds on the work- and time-saving design and output applications of earlier OMEGA software releases. Gerber OMEGA software is a complete suite of layout, design, output and conversion tools created specifically for use in the sign and specialty graphics industries. The OMEGA software tools are designed to integrate with vinyl cutters, the GERBER EDGE family of thermal printers, and Gerber CNC routers.
“OMEGA 6.0 is an important release for new and existing GERBER EDGE customers, as it includes many features that streamline and assist the creative production process,” states Dana Goodale, Director of Product Management for Gerber Technology.
Gerber OMEGA 6.0 includes the following enhancements:
• Find My Font – Gerber OMEGA Edition matches unknown fonts to fonts on your computer, or to an online database of 130,000+ fonts;
• New Apply button allows viewing of Composer design effects while in dialog boxes;
• Raster-to-vector conversions and decal cut provide better results due to new convenient presets;
• Bitmap Fill creates custom patterned vector fills to objects with fast, efficient rendering;
• Logos and images can be integrated with QR codes;
• Export larger image files, up to 32,000 pixels;
• PLT File Information Extraction Tool extracts design and production data to a CSV file that can be used for estimates or costing;
• Many additional features.
Plus, OMEGA 6.0 includes all the popular features of OMEGA 5.0 and other previous releases.
“The Find My Font feature is a huge time-saver and the new Apply button eliminates the tedium of toggling in and out of dialog boxes to view applied graphic effects,” said Goodale.
Customers in beta testing have provided enthusiastic feedback about the new features that OMEGA 6.0 offers. Goodale summarizes, “We listened to our customers and have developed an even greater product that we’re proud to offer.”