Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today announced the UJF Mark II (MkII) Series UV-LED tabletop printers. The two new models are production-focused, professional tools built on a small-footprint, proven platform that can deliver consistent quality for any level of production. Both models can be seen in the Mimaki USA booth #1961 at the Specialty Graphic and Imaging Association (SGIA) Expo, September 14-16, 2016 in Las Vegas.
The new UJF MkII Series printers are the next generation models in the world’s best selling UJF Series line. This series includes features that enable users – including commercial print service providers, promotional and personalization item printers, makers, technologists, educators and manufacturers – to realize the benefits of digital printing with higher margins and lower production costs, without compromising quality.
The UJF-3042 MkII printer can print onto media up to 11.8” wide x 16.5” deep x 6” thick, using standard CMYK inks plus available White, Clear and jettable Primer. The UJF-6042 MkII printer can print onto media up to 24” wide x 16.5” deep x 6” thick, using standard CMYK inks plus available Light Cyan, Light Magenta, White, Clear and jettable Primer.
Ink sets for the UJF MkII Series printer include LH-100 ink for high scratch and chemical resistance, and LUS-120 ink for flexibility and scratch resistance. LUS-150 ink for balanced adhesion and flexibility will be available in the future.
• Produce higher quality output, faster, and more efficiently. The UJF MkII Series printers combine higher accuracy dot placement with speed improvements of up to 20 percent over the previous generation.
• Consistent output for tight deadlines and demanding customers. A fully enclosed print area greatly reduces the chances of dust or other airborne particle contamination, reducing re-prints and ensuring production stays on track. It also enables placement in more demanding environments such as a production floor.
• Automated efficiencies for maximum production with minimal effort. Laser sensor media detection and automated gap check ensure that the print head is at the optimal height on each print. One-liter bottles have replaced the smaller cartridge system of previous models, making ink delivery more efficient. All bottles fit into a Mimaki Bulk Ink System (MBIS) for efficient change-out when empty. The switch to one liter bottles also ensures customers running other Mimaki UV-LED printers can better manage their overall inventory when using compatible Mimaki original inks.
Additionally, the print bed of the new UJF MkII Series accommodates jigs created for previous models. Current UJF Series users purchasing a new UJF MkII Series printer can quickly and efficiently expand their printer line-up without the need to rework jigs.
• Workflow enhancements streamline production. UJF MkII Series printers are fully networkable with industry standard Gigabit Ethernet for multiple printer connections over greater distances ensuring the highest productivity. Production on UJF MkII Series printers is made more efficient with an automated hot folder-based workflow. Users can take advantage of features in RasterLink6 RIP software such as the ability to build a template and auto-populate the data using Variable Data with the Adobe® InDesign® Data Merge function or third party VDP plug-ins, to create a table’s-worth of personalized items.
• Integrated tools for high tolerance repeatable output. Ball screw table movement paired with precise ink drop placement results in enhanced image quality. The UJF print table also utilizes threaded registration pins for repeatable media placement. A vacuum table ensures better fixation of challenging materials. Combined, these features ensure consistent accuracy resulting in beautiful images, maximum production and minimal waste even with the most complex jobs.
Includes Mimaki core technologies for high quality and productivity
Mimaki Advanced Pass System 4 (MAPS4): utilizes an advanced algorithm pattern to reduce banding, delivering output that looks spectacular even at higher speeds. Combined with Variable Dot Technology, the resulting prints are smooth even in the mid-tones, solids and gradients.
Waveform Control (WFC): utilizes finely tuned frequencies for each ink’s specific gravity and viscosity to precisely shape and place individual drops, producing images that are optimized even at lower resolutions.
Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT): continuously circulates White ink and reduces the need for manual maintenance and waste.
Nozzle Check Unit (NCU) and Nozzle Recovery System (NRS): NCU monitors nozzle outages and automatically activates a series of recovery functions, while NRS (on both models) assigns operational nozzles when an outage is detected, ensuring production and costs are not impacted.