Onyx Graphics, Inc., today announced the global availability of ONYX 22, the company’s newest software version release of industry leading wide-format RIP and print workflow software that was showcased at FESPA Global in Berlin, Germany. ONYX 22 introduces a new drag-and-drop user experience for file management and Quick Set automation, smart job submission from design to print, artwork placement controls for flatbed and DTG printing, and easy-to-use tools for everyday automation.
“Software has to be fast, reliable, and easy-to-use in today’s printing environment,” said Matt Crawford, Director of Product Marketing at Onyx Graphics. “The tools, technology, and controls for everyday automation in ONYX 22 are designed for the modern user, and continue our vision in providing superior software solutions to print businesses across the globe.”
ONYX 22 also introduces color tools for increased color output accuracy and an all-new ONYX Color Reference Library to easily match color for any printer. This dynamic reference library highlights in-and-out of gamut colors and can be printed or used in ONYX software to know what colors are possible on each device and media combination.
Highlights of ONYX 22 include:
• Drag-and-drop user experience for file handling
• Drag-and-drop Quick Set automation
• Smart job submission from design to print automation
• Job placement tools for enhanced nesting
• Auto-trim for flatbed and DTG printing
• Automated image cropping using Quick Sets
• Printer versioning and auto-backup
• D65 10-degree observer ICC profile build options for textile printing
• Snapshot color calibration for contone printers
• The latest Adobe PDF Print Engine APPE 5.7 for fine line rendering