Today, Onyx Graphics, Inc., announced global availability of ONYX 19, the newest version release of the company’s industry-leading wide-format RIP and print workflow software. Introducing the Spark Engine and DeviceLink+, ONYX 19 brings new cutting-edge technologies so print service providers can go bigger, bolder and beyond the limitations of wide-format print for all print applications including soft signage and textile. The Spark Engine is a new performance platform bringing RIP speed increases up to 400 percent and printer performance increases up to 200 percent. DeviceLink+ is an all-new system of easy-to-use color management controls to achieve consistent color across an entire site without the need to read in new swatches or use a color measurement device.
“We’re amazed at the response ONYX 19 received at our FESPA announcement last month,” said Bryan Manwaring, Director of Product Marketing at Onyx Graphics. “Customers are already seeing the Spark Engine at work through increased production capacity, while DeviceLink+ is creating new possibilities to achieve outstanding color output that can all be automated at the click of a button.”
ONYX 19 software also introduces new Step and Repeat functionality for a 600 percent performance increase; new dot pattern technology for the smoothest output on all wide-format print applications including soft signage and textile; adds nest trim box features for weeding and finishing print and cut jobs; and is the first and only solution to provide the ability to build iccMAX v5 profiles. Coupled with the latest Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE) 5.1, ONYX 19 is a winning combination for any print application.
Highlights of ONYX 19 include:
- Advanced compression algorithms in the Spark Engine increase RIP speeds up to 400 percent
- New threading pipeline in the Spark Engine improves printer performance up to 200 percent
- New rendering technology in the Spark Engine increases Step and Repeat performance up to 600 percent
- Color management automation controls using DeviceLink+
- Consistent color across devices using DeviceLink+
- iccMAX v5 profiling for next-generation color output accuracy
- New Dot Pattern Technology for the smoothest output on all wide-format print applications
- Automation for Step and Repeat jobs for seamless workflows
- Print Isolation Technology to ensure print production continues in the event of printer failure
- Nest trim box to save time weeding and finishing jobs
ONYX 19 software – covering the entire product portfolio of ONYX solutions including ONYX Thrive print workflow, and ONYX RIP products including ONYX PosterShop, and ONYX RIPCenter – is now available to all ONYX Advantage customers by requesting a key update and to all other customers through a license purchase.