Today, Onyx Graphics, Inc., announced the launch of ONYX 18, the newest version release of the company’s award-winning wide- and grand-format software. ONYX 18 introduces new color technologies for color accuracy, consistency and conformance to standards such as G7 and Fogra that print service providers can prove to their customers; and is the first solution compatible with iccMAX, the new standard recommended by the ICC for all wide- and grand-format print applications including textile and soft signage. The new release brings next level power and reliability to the entire portfolio of ONYX products with the latest Adobe® PDF Print Engine (APPE 4.8), a high speed, high fidelity print platform for increased consistency and reliability across proofing cycles. Combined with new dynamic tools for print production and optimized out-of-the-box presets, ONYX 18 delivers fast, superior output for all wide-format printing applications.
“With the release of ONYX 18, Onyx Graphics has raised the bar on color reproduction and performance once again,” said Mark Lewiecki, Senior Product Manager at Adobe. “Onyx Graphics’ contributions to industry color science have enabled printers to take full advantage of the ongoing innovations in inkjet technology. With the Adobe PDF Print Engine now available in all ONYX solutions, customers can expect even greater reliability and consistency across their workflows, especially when jobs are built using Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC and InDesign CC.”
“ONYX 18 disrupts the status-quo of existing print solutions,” said Bryan Manwaring, Director of Product Marketing at Onyx Graphics, Inc. “This version puts the power of ONYX into the hands of print service providers to go after that big account and distinguish themselves against their competition with stunning output quality they can literally prove to their customers.”
ONYX 18 software is available for the entire product portfolio of ONYX solutions including ONYX Thrive print workflow; and ONYX ProductionHouse, ONYX PosterShop and ONYX RIPCenter RIP software.
Highlights of ONYX 18 software
• ONYX Color, the industry-leading color engine, includes core enhancements for improved black ink combinations that give increased shadow detail, texture and definition, as well as increased saturation of reds and oranges without compromising ink savings. Textile and soft signage application benefit especially from these enhancements.
• ColorCheck is a new approach to process control that enables print service providers to guarantee color accuracy to their customers as well as ensure consistency of output across devices over time.
• ColorCheck ensures conformance to standards including G7 and Fogra as well as baseline testing for process control and in-product indicators for printer recalibration.
• ONYX 18 is the first iccMAX compatible solution, a new standard recommended by the ICC for all wide- and grand-format applications including soft signage and textile.
• PosterColor 2.0, a technology first introduced to the industry by Onyx Graphics, uses next-generation smart rendering intent to boost saturation of solid colors for added ‘pop’ across all image types.
• AccuBoost, new for ONYX 18, is an iterative ICC profiling technique for pinpoint accuracy of ICC profiles.
• APPE 4.8 accelerates processing for patterns and soft masks with super-fast algorithms for rendering complex file types resulting in big performance gains.
• APPE 4.8 brings spot color handling with up to 127 channels that can be specified and used in any given region.
• Step and Repeat functionality is now included in ONYX Thrive, enabling users to create patterns with all image types for a variety of print applications including print-and-cut workflows and textile applications.
• Included are new dynamic tools for print productivity including:
• Swatch Books quick search functionality
• Swatch Books support for specialty ink to print on any material
• Easy crop positioning during job preparation
• Larger nesting previews and nest rotation to match printer set-up