Ricoh Americas Corporation today announced that it has signed an agreement with Mimaki USA to distribute Mimaki JFX200-2513 and Mimaki JFX500-2131 high-performance flatbed inkjet printers. These models, designed for high quality and larger output printing, are now available for purchase through Ricoh sales channels. With this reseller agreement, Ricoh continues to expand its hardware and software offerings for graphic communications providers interested in growing or creating a wide-format printing business.
Attendees of ISA International Sign Expo 2015 can visit the Ricoh booth #805 to see the JFX200-2513 model in action. Mimaki JFX200-2513 and JFX500-2131 printers are designed to address a variety of wide-format needs including applications such as interior décor, indoor display panels and outdoor signs; and are able to print on glass, metal and much more.
“Ricoh is an industry leader in digital production print, with a talented and vast group of specialists who know the market and help their customers grow their business,” said Ken VanHorn, Director, Marketing and Business Development, Mimaki USA. “At Mimaki, we pride ourselves on delivering solutions that help customers achieve their desired results affordably and effectively. Teaming with Ricoh will help us do just that, more broadly and more quickly.”
Mimaki JFX200-2513 and JFX500-2131 models are valuable additions to any printer’s repertoire, especially those venturing into wide-format printing for the first time and looking to expand their specialty graphics applications. The Mimaki wide-format flatbed printers provide high quality color and larger output at an affordable price. As the demand for wide-format printers has increased, Ricoh has worked to offer its customers printers appropriate for their changing needs and the evolving application trends.
“With the new Mimaki flatbed wide format printer that we purchased through Ricoh, we are now able to print on basically any type of substrate and on materials up to almost 2 inches thick. Bottom line: the applications are endless. It really is an on-demand type of product,” said Vince Lepera, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Pacful, Inc. “We printed a photo stock setting of ‘Route 66’ on double doors in our office using the Mimaki JFX200-2513, and when we have clients come in, it has an immediate wow factor.”
Both the JFX200-2513 and JFX500-2131 models use abrasion-resistant UV inks that are durable in both indoor and outdoor conditions. They are capable of handling substrates up to 1.97 inches thick, and 4.2 x 8.2 feet in size for the JFX200-2513 model and 6.9 x 10 feet for the JFX500-2131 model. The devices are easily operated from a one-stop control point located on the front of the device. Mimaki wide-format flatbed printers feature a long-life, energy-saving UV-LED curing unit that can help printers avoid time- and energy-cost sinks typically caused by longer warm-up and cool-down periods.
“Our customers are used to best-in-class digital production print solutions from Ricoh, and the addition of the Mimaki wide-format flatbed printers will further enable our clients to expand into the wide-format flatbed business at an affordable price point,” said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Print Business Group, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “These devices’ unique ability to prevent and correct common errors that affect wide-format print jobs fit perfectly into our customers’ demands for efficiency and quality. Mimaki’s ongoing efforts to create equipment with minimal downtime, footprint and energy cost are initiatives Ricoh is proud to support.”
At the ISA International Sign Expo 2015, Ricoh will highlight key features of the JFX200-2513 flatbed printer, including:
• Two-layer print function – capable of printing separate layers of both white and CYMK color allows for faster printing on clear and transparent substrates.
• Vacuum table unit – easily controlled with ON/OFF switches located in the front area of the printer. The two toggle switches separately control each of the two vacuum partitions that facilitate secure and accurate media positioning.
• Bulk ink supply system – with Mimaki’s newly developed ink supply system, 1-liter bottles of UV ink are easily and quickly inserted and removed from the front of the printer. The system accommodates up to eight bottles of ink for CMYKx2 or CMYK+W+C and UV Primer ink.
• Direct to media/substrate printing – able to handle all types of media and substrates including acrylics, foam board, corrugated plastics, metal – almost any media up to 1.9” thick.
• Low power, long life UV-LED curing lamps – ideal for printing on media that is vulnerable to thermal deformation or color change due to the lamps’ reduced heat output.