As of April 2015, SGIA is the first printing trade association to join the SmartWay Affiliate Program. Launched in 2004, SmartWay is an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) program that aims to reduce transportation-related emissions that affect climate change; reduce environmental risk for companies; and increase global energy security.
“We see the SmartWay program as yet another tool that SGIA members can use to increase their sustainability profile,” said Marci Kinter, SGIA’s Vice President of Government and Business Information. “Using these program tools will help our members benchmark, evaluate and calculate the carbon footprint of their freight activities so they can achieve a more sustainable business.”
SGIA encourages its members, both printers and suppliers, to join the program as SmartWay Shippers and improve environmental performance while enjoying the many benefits partners and companies receive.
Through SmartWay, your company can:
• Benchmark and reduce your freight supply chain carbon footprint
• Use SmartWay tools and data to do credible carbon accounting and reporting
• Access freight supply chain best practices that reduce costs and emissions
• Improve energy and environmental efficiency of freight operations
• Meet customer/shareholder demands for leadership in corporate sustainability
• Earn recognition for your achievements through awards programs
Contact Marci Kinter to learn more about the SmartWay Affiliate Program and how you can participate.